Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Book...


After 6 or so years, The Book of Bitter Aspects (8b+), gets the 2nd accent.  Even better is that it came from me.  Whoooah!!!


I can't comment on the grade since it didn't take much effort maybe 10 or so tries over 2 days.  I've pulled onto it in past years, but never with any serious effort or hopes for success.  It's always just been there, waiting.  I know some other climbers have tried to complete this line in the past without success.  Regardless of the grade 8b or 8b+, it's been there for so long without a repeat until now.  I must say this is one of the happiest moments I've had through climbing.

Check the vid....

12 comments:

sock hands said...

nice!

Julian said...

Cool mang! I'm almost totally ignorant of the possibilities here, so: are there worthwhile low start options?

Narc said...

draconian work restrictions prevent me from seeing the video but I'll assume it is badass. nice work!

Jon Glassberg said...

Sick work Phill! that thing is so hard... made it look like piss..

Unknown said...

sick

Greg said...

Phil,

You eat nails and sleep in snowbanks. Sick.

freekshown said...

I heard som girl did it and called it v12

Phillip Schaal said...

Thanks yall for the support,
Yaddamean!

pinto said...

oh my god
who is that guy?

slabdyno said...

Sick dood.

-John K

Unknown said...

Nice work Phil. Looks like an amazing climb on nice rock.

sander said...

nice one bruva... killin it.