Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hueco...

Where else would you go during the wintery months other than “The” Hueco Tanks.   Nikki and I have been here for about a week.  Not much to report from me.  I’ve been getting used to the steep climbing and hope to hit a stride soon.  At least my queen is holding it down for us.  Nikki is getting back in the game.  After having a frustrating time in Bishop, Nikki is bringing her game to Hueco.  So far Nikki has gotten 2 v4’s and a bunch of V2’s under her belt. Including the classic, “Nobody Gets out of here Alive.”  All without much effort I might add.  As for me I’m hoping to finish off a few projects from last year.  That’s all I’ll say so I don’t punt myself by talking too much about what I want to do.

As most climbers go with the tougher option to camp out near the park.  Nikki and I have chosen the softer more expensive alternative, the hotel.  It makes the round trip drive to and from the park, a whopping 65+ miles.  But I’m so happy to be in a warm room with a nice TV.  Nikki is going home for the holidays while I’ll be here  in West Texas .  I’ll be sad with out her by my side but I’ll get through it.

So as I sign out before the holidays I wish everyone who has found there way to this blog a merry whatever you celebrate.

1 comment:

adam strong said...

your north face bag was too heavy for me to pick up so i left it in the garage